About the Tool:
A smart tool that acts as a personal assistant for Content Editor to quickly view all the items which were Skipped and Deleted during Publishing operation with all the detail
- Admin can see all the Content Editor’s Skipped and Deleted items during Publishing
- Option to Filter the Result with various parameters
- Pie-Chart View of the Result based on Publishing Operation Type (Skipped/Deleted)
- Option to fix the anomalies found by integrating with another tool – Smart Publishing Assistant (SPA) Tool based on configuration. Details about this can be found in the Release Note section.
- Option to notify Content Editors on Skipped and Deleted items during Publishing by integrating with another tool – Smart Publishing Alert Tool based on configuration. Details about this can be found in the Release Note section. (User Notified or not can be seen on “Is User Notified” column of the Dashboard’s Table view)
It can be downloaded from Market Place Here.
- Most often the Publishing Job which is trigged by Content Editor, there may be items which is Skipped due to various publishing restriction or deleted unintentionally. It will be notified on Publishing Wizard after the Publishing Job is completed. However, the user will close the Publishing wizard window and do not wait until the Publishing Job completed to see the result.
- When setting up new website, there will be lot of items which will be published. However, there may be items which will be not published (due to various reasons) during this bulk publishing. So there is no place to check which all items were not published or deleted during this bulk operation.
- Click on Dashboard button from Ribbon on Publish Group
- A page called “PublishingDashbord” will be opened in new tab URL:hostname/sitecore/shell/Applications/SPADashboard/PublishingDashbord.aspx
- When Content Editor use the Dashboard – all the Skipped and Deleted items of Publishing operation on Current date will be shown by default.
- When Admin Users use the Dashboard – Skipped and Deleted items during Publishing operation of all the Content Editors will be shown.
- Publishing Anomalies Dashboard will have details of the publishing jobs of last 7 days. By applying various filter parameters, the desired results can be viewed
- Pie-Chart view also available based on Publishing Operation Type (Skipped/Deleted)
- Single place to see all the Skipped and Deleted items during Publishing with Details
- Admin can see all the Content Editor’s Skipped and Deleted items during Publishing and Educate the Content Editor if needed
Added this tool to Content Editor Ribbon so that content authors can use this tool to see Publishing Anomalies
Tool only available to Admin and the users who belongs to “sitecore\ PublishingAnomaliesDashboardViewers” Role.
7 days logs is saved as XML format in App_Data Folder of the WebSite (Website\App_Data\PublishingInfo\publishingJob_2018-01-6.xml), New file will be created every day.
Note: Manually we have to delete the previous day logs in the above folder.
Screenshot of the Tool:
Item Configuration Details:
|Item Name||Item Id||Field Details|
IsCaptureSkip->Tick if you want to capture items skipped during publishing (By default it is enabled)
IsCaptureDelete->Tick if you want to capture items deleted during publishing (By default it is enabled)
DeletedJob, ValidationUnsuccessful, SameRevision->Messages used on Dashboard
IsSPAImplemented->Tick if you have integrated Smart Publishing Assistant (SPA) Tool to fix the anomalies
Need to set MaxJsonLength property in your web.config
Separate file PublishingDashboard.log.<<DateTime>>.txt has been used for logging the tool’s info/error.
Log configuration also included in the package itself. No additional configuration required.
Sitecore not triggering newly added processor in the publishing pipeline to track items which are skipped during publishing on the below conditions,
- Newly created Item not In Final Workflow State
- Newly created Item not Having required Language version
Therefore the tool will not track items which are skipped during publishing on the above conditions.Checking on the feasibility to fix the above two limitations in the next version.